Women's Conference: Farming in Community - San Diego, Calif.
Farming is never a one-woman job – it takes a village to run a successful operation. This conference will not only prepare attendees for success in agriculture, but it will also provide them with their own network of women farmers and ranchers they can reach out to throughout the year.
When: Sunday, Jan. 19, to Tuesday, Jan. 21
Where: Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa, 3999 Mission Boulevard, San Diego, California 92109
About: Farmers, policy makers, educators, and specialists will present on a number of subjects, including financial management, farm labor, leadership, and more.
- People, Land and Activities - A Framework for Structuring a Farm or Ranch Business with Poppy Davis
- Build a Legally Resilient Work Program that Works for Your Farm with Rachel Armstrong
- How Cooperatives Fit into Agriculture with Gianna Banducci
- Plate to Politics: Using Stories to Create Change with Sherri Dugger and Kriss Marion
- Financing Considerations for the Beginning and Small Farmer with Allison Paap
- Keynote: Colorado Commissioner of Agriculture Kate Greenberg and Oregon Director of Agriculture Alexis Taylor
- Networking event
The conference is hosted by National Farmers Union. Learn more about the Women's Conference on their website.
Sponsors include CHS Foundation, Farm Credit, and Farmers Union Insurance, and National Farmers Union Foundation. Promotional partners include Center for Rural Affairs, W.D. Dickinson, edible San Diego, Farmer Veteran Coalition, Red Ants Pants, High Mowing Organic Seeds, Practical Farmers of Iowa, The Women's Agricultural Network, Sierra Harvest, Pennsylvania Women's Agricultural Network, and Women Food & Ag Network.
- Posted on 1.10.2020
- Posted on 1.13.2020
- Posted on 1.16.2020
- Posted on 1.17.2020
- Posted on 1.23.2020